mypainweb
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mypainweb discusses the complicated & personal issues we face from the obstacles of living with Chronic Pain. Through sharing we empower to improve quality of life.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

But you LOOK fine!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
buckeyefan

But you LOOK fine!   Empty
PostSubject: But you LOOK fine!    But you LOOK fine!   EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 pm

If someone has a broken leg, is in a wheelchair, has a limp, has some noticeable "issue", we surmise they must suffer with something. But for so many people, they suffer in silence. A friend of mine suffers from daily chronic pain due to a terrible injury he suffered years ago. He works so hard to be "up" in life, and usually succeeds in fooling everyone, to the point where people will say, "He is in pain? He LOOKS fine to me!" I was out to lunch with him once and when he got out of his car in a handicapped parking place, some lady said to him, "Hey, you don't LOOK handicapped!" Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: But you LOOK fine!    But you LOOK fine!   EmptyFri Aug 29, 2014 2:41 pm

No wonder why most people with Chronic Pain also suffer from depression. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://mypainweb.board-directory.net
idecor8

PostSubject: Re: But you LOOK fine!    But you LOOK fine!   EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 7:36 pm

My partner suffers from many ailments, most of which go undetected to the casual observer. He also gets "looks" sometimes when he uses his parking permit for a handicapped space. Realizing how easily most people jump to conclusions, I try to get him to ignore those looks. But I think what happens sometimes is that those feelings just get internalized and may even add to the pain levels on a subconscious level.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: But you LOOK fine!    But you LOOK fine!   EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:21 pm

…….know that look Shocked I've been known to very nicely respond to the owner of that look with a "Go ahead. Laughing Laughing You want to ask, so go ahead and ask me and I'll answer" Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://mypainweb.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: But you LOOK fine!    But you LOOK fine!   Empty

Back to top Go down

But you LOOK fine!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
mypainweb :: They said What? :: Share the worse thing someone said to you during your pain odyssey-
Jump to: